One of the first things that I did when I received my Walgreens Disney Cinderella Collection that I ordered was swatch the Ready For The Ball Palette.
I mean look at this beauty, how could I not.
I think while I was looking at the shimmer shades that I literally started to drool.
Without any further hesitation and yammering here are the swatches done by rows.
First row in lighting
First row in lighting, different angle
First row with flash
Second row in lighting
Second row in lighting, different angle
Second row with flash
Third row in lighting
Third row in lighting, different angle
Third row with flash
Fourth row in lighting
Fourth row in lighting, different angle
Fourth row with flash
Fifth row in lighting
Fifth row different angle with lighting
Fifth row with flash
This is what I found when swatching the palette:
- All swatches were done on my bare arm without any primer, which means once you add a good primer or eye base that will help with the intensity of the shadows.
- The shimmer shadows are the most pigmented.
- Some of the mattes are more pigmented than others (kind of like a hit or miss).
- The shadows can be built up.
- The shimmers are truly amazing as are some of the glitter shadows.
- Can we take a moment to appreciate that matte black, Whoa!
- The shades in the palette seem to be more darker or pigmented as you get to the final rows with the exception of the third row (seems like it should be more like the second row).
- The shades are very Cinderella like and with 35 shades to choose from the possibilities to create looks is endless.
- The packaging is beautiful.
- The shadows themselves are decent sized and should last quite awhile.
- From swatching alone they seemed to have blended easy enough.
I haven't yet used this palette to create any looks.
I would say the only downside to it aside from some of the shadows not being the greatest quality is that the size of the palette itself is quite large. This makes it not easy to travel with.
Besides that it is a great collector's item for Disney and makeup lovers alike.
It is still available online at walgreens.com and drugstore.com for $14.99.
What do you think of the Cinderella Ready For The Ball Palette?