I have been using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit for some time now and then started using the NYX Contour Palette.
Just recently I finally picked up the e.l.f. Contour Palette.
The e.l.f. Contour Palette comes with 4 powders, which are basically two highlighters and two contour powders.
The top row has the highlighters and the bottom row has the contour powders.
Swatches from top row to bottom row and left to right.
Same swatches different angle
Swatches with flash
My opinions of the e.l.f. Contour Palette:
- It is comparable in quality to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit and the NYX Contour Palette, but obviously has less color selection.
- It is highly affordable at $6.
- The shades are light enough to give a more natural look look, but can definitely be built up.
- They are pigmented.
- They blend easily.
- Last all day on my face.
- Has a mirror that can be used to apply the product as well as your other makeup.
- Great for travel.
- The individual pans can pop out of the palette and can be interchanged with the e.l.f. blush palettes and well as the illuminating palette and the bronzer palette to customize your own palette (although the individual pans aren't sold individually as with the ABH and NYX Palettes.
- More geared towards lighter/fairer skin and may not work well for all skin tones.
Overall, I am very pleased with the e.l.f. Contour Palette and it has been my go to contour for the last couple of weeks.
When I apply the contour powders (I switch it up and rotate using either one of them on any given day) I start lightly and build up the color blending it out as I go.
Then under the bottom of my contour I use the banana shade highlighter to blend out the edges even further making my contour more prominent. You can also use this shade highlighter to lighten up the contour.
Currently, the e.l.f. Contour Kit is sold out online at elfcosmetics.com.
It seems to sell out quickly so keep checking for a restock.
You can also look for it at Target or target.com.
Have you tried the e.l.f. Contour Palette? What are your thoughts on it?