It was a happy day for me when I received my Vice 3 Palette from Urban Decay on my doorstep.
I might have even done a little happy dance.
I immediately rushed into my house, package under my arm and tore into it like an excited child on Christmas.
What first caught my eye after I took the palette out of it's makeup pouch was the beautiful mirror casing with it's rush of colors across the name Vice.
One great aspect of Vice Palettes is that they always come with these great full sized mirrors and dual ended makeup Urban Decay brushes. The Vice 3 is no exception.
The Vice 3 Palette is arranged in 5 columns each with their own color scheme.
The first column contains the neutral shades. The second column contains the cool jewel shades and the third column is made up of warm jewel shades. The fourth column has the pink shades and the final column is made up of smoky shades.
The Vice 3 Palette is a gorgeous palette that has something for everyone and allows for the creation of endless versatile looks.
I can happily say that Urban Decay shadows are definitely one of my vices. I need them all. These shadows hold up to previous Urban Decay shadows. They are insanely pigmented, blend easily and are long lasting.
I was so eager to really jump into this palette and start creating a look. The hardest part was trying to determine which shades to use. So many of the shades just grab you when you open the palette.
I assembled my beauty army and went to work.
Here's how I created the look below:
1. I primed my eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. I swept Truth all over my eye from lid to brow bone to allow for easy blending.
3. I picked up Bobby Dazzle and applied it to my brow bone and inner corner of my eye.
4. I applied Undone above the crease to act as a transition shade.
5. Next I blended Bondage into the crease. This shade looks like a burgundy in the pan, but applied was almost black on the lids.
5. To help with how Bondage looked on the crease, I blended Sonic over it.
6. Lastly, I patted Dragon on the lids (one of my favorite shades from the palette so far, it is a beautiful green).
7. I lined my top lid with Maybelline's Eyestudio Blackest Black gel liner. I lined my lower lid and waterline with NYX's Slide On, Glide On, and Stay On liner in Golden Olive and patted Dragon over it to set it.
8. I applied Urban Decay Perversion mascara to my top and bottom lashes. I then applied some Chanty Eyelashes in #124.
Finished look without a photo filter
Finished look with a photo filter just for fun
For the rest of my face I applied Too Faced's Beauty Balm in Slow Glow and a translucent powder to set it.
I contoured with a Too Faced Bronzer and applied a Too Faced Peachy Blush to the apples of my cheeks (both shades were from the Too Faced Sweet Indulgences Palette).
I applied the Maybelline the Mattes lipstick in Divine Wine to my lips (the perfect fall lip).
Finished face without a photo filter
Finished face with a photo filter
The Vice 3 Palette from Urban Decay is definitely a thumbs up for me. Have you picked it up yet?